Wednesday, June 29, 2016

INFOMOCRACY by Malka Older

Narrated by Christine Marshall

     Never Caught My Interest    
I thought that this might have something fresh to offer since it was compared to Snow Crash and The West Wing. But this is all politics and global government. Thank future is not easy to become enamored with. The voter fraud we experience today seems to invalidate even the possibility of such a democratically elected global government in the future. And to get excited about the process of swaying voters just didn’t work for me. Real politics is a necessary evil; fictional politics is just inane. 


Christine Marshall seems to be a fine narrator. I only gave this book 1:20 and never fully engaged with the material but in that time I enjoyed her dramatic voicing of many of the characters. I would like to hear her narrated a different book.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home