Monday, March 02, 2015

GENGHIS KHAN AND THE MAKING OF THE MODERN WORLD by Jack Weatherford

Narrated by Jonathan Davis
Afterward by Jack Weatherford

…..The Civilized Savage…..

It is amazing what Genghis Khan was able to accomplish from the steppes of Asia.  The empire he established would eventually reign over all of what are now Chinese lands and extended to the realms of Europe. Most interesting was the high level of organization the great Khan instilled in his government without a dominant centralized capitol city. I found this to be an interesting historical account.


Jonathan Davis is one of my favorite narrators. I found his effort here to be a bit slow-paced. Increasing the playback speed to 1.5X retained all the qualities needed to understand his voice and helped me retain my interest. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home