Tuesday, March 29, 2016

NIGHTWISE by R.S. Belcher

Narrated by Bronson Pinchot

     Variations on a Dresden Theme

I wanted to listen to this book primarily because Bronson Pinchot is at the top of my favorite narrators list. And, as anticipated, the narration is first rate. Mr. Pinchot always puts on a one man show with his many and varied repertoire of character voices. His voices kept bringing me back onto the story. I can recommend Nightwise for Pinchot if for nothing else.


As for the story, I am slightly less enthusiastic. For those of you familiar with the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher will immediately recognize the main thrust of this story. Like the Harry Dresden books there is a wizard-like central character that tries to rid the world of supernatural evils. Nightwise is a much darker book with less lighthearted humor than the Dresden books.  When I finished Nightwise I anticipated more of the same in the sequel. Boy was I wrong…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home